Dungarees from Queensland represents a successful effort to reduce, reuse and recycle existing textiles from the fashion industry. Used denim is cut up and shredded into fibers that are subsequently spun with recycled cotton for added stability. Although undyed, each hank derives its hue from the recycled fibers blended in the final fleece. The resulting yarn has body, the ease of care and durability of denim, and a rustic, earthy quality that adds interest to any project.
• Fiber composition: 95% Cotton, 5% Other fibers
• Yardage: 219 yards/100 grams
• Weight: Light/DK (#3)
• Recommended needle(s)/hook(s): US 5–7 (3.5 mm) or US 7–I-9 (4.5–5.5 mm)
• Knit gauge: 21–24 sts = 4 in/10 cm
• Crochet gauge: 12–17 scs = 4 in/10 cm
• Care instructions: Hand wash, do not bleach, do not tumble dry, low iron, dry clean